24 hour run for Maggie's 10/08/13

Results, news, views and updates...it's all here!
Sheena

24 hour run for Maggie's 10/08/13

Unread post by Sheena »

Bob's Walk for Maggie's centres is underway right now, Dr. Bob and his team of walkers started at Maggie's Edinburgh and are walking each day to get to Maggie's Dundee via the Coastal path (and via Maggie's Fife, where I understand all funds raised are being directed) Details are at www.bobswalk.co.uk
Jonny and I decided that the best way we could raise money in support of this great cause was to set ourselves the target of running the distance, about 100 miles, in 24 hours, starting from Maggie's Edinburgh at 6am this Saturday morning and hopefully finishing at Maggie's Dundee at 6am Sunday!
Before setting oursleves this target neither of us had run further than a marathon, so with the help of some amazing family and friends along the route (Lynne Stephen, Fife AC, being one!) we hope to achieve this goal and in doing so raise as much money as possible for Maggie's. Please visit fundraise.maggiescentres.org/bobswalk if you would like to donate. Also I will be at Dave Francis' training in Cupar tonight with a sponsor form.
Many thanks, Sheena Logan