The Burdens is Back, possibly

Results, news, views and updates...it's all here!
BillF

The Burdens is Back, possibly

Unread post by BillF »

Subject to changes to Covid-19 restrictions, the Devils Burdens will be taking on Sat Jan 29th. The maps have just been added to the race info page.
https://www.fifeac.org/events/fife-ac-e ... -2022.html
Louise Provan

Re: The Burdens is Back, possibly

Unread post by Louise Provan »

Hello

Would i be right in assuming that there is no Devil's Burdens this year...?? :?:

Thanks

Lx
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

I am also wondering if this is on? X
Jhall

Unread post by Jhall »

Me too
Frank McLaren

Unread post by Frank McLaren »

The intention is to stage the Devil's Burdens Relay as planned on 29th January 2022 unless Scottish Athletics change their current advice following future discussions with the Scottish Government.
The race establishment will be sited in the school playing fields in the Falkland Estate where there will be parking, portaloos and space for clubs and teams to erect tents for shelter and changing. The Falkland Community Hall will not be used and there will be no post-race presentation of prizes. The category winners will receive their prizes in due course by post. I am currently in discussions with the Falkland Estate for the provision of soup, tea and coffee for competitors. There will be no charge for this and the Cafe will also have cakes, tray-bakes etc. for sale.
The check-point punches will not be used this year to minimise the possibility of virus transmission: checkpoints will be marked with random letters of the alphabet and competitors will record these, using a felt-tip pen on a race-number that corresponds with their team number, as they proceed round the course. This will be handed to an official on conclusion of their final leg and will serve as a record of their completion.
My initial thanks go to Adrian Stott of Run and Become for his ever generous sponsorship of this event, to the Falkland Estate for their support and to Louise Burt and Bill Fairmaner for the design of the course.