• On 6th April the ERRA road relay championships will be held in Sutton Park, Sutton Coldfield. This is the most prestigious club senior road relay event of its type in the UK.
• Teams are of 12 in the men’s race and 6 in the women’s. In the men’s race, 6 of the legs are long (c.6 miles) and 6 short (c.3 miles): in the women’s race, 2 of the legs are long and 4 are short.
• All runners must be in the U20 age category or older on 1 sept 2018.
• Further race details will be available in due course at http://www.englishroadrunningassociatio ... tries.html
• Several times in the last few years, FAC have sent a women’s team. In 2018 we sent two women’s teams, with the A team finishing 6th and the B team 18th. As well as being great fun (see attached photo of the women’s teams from 2018), the event represents tremendous competitive and developmental opportunity.
• The FAC board are keen to support one men’s team and one or two women’s teams in 2019, and very much hope that athletes will want to be considered for selection.
• FAC teams will be transported to and from the race, departing after work/college etc on Friday 5th and returning after the race on the Saturday. Accommodation on the Friday night will be in a hotel en route to Sutton Coldfield. Athletes will be asked to make a contribution of £20 each to these costs. Team manager/s will accompany the athletes.
• Teams will be selected in consultation with FAC coaches and on the best information available, but in particular, at the Scottish National relays (24 March). Teams will be announced soon after 24 March.
• FAC will not enter teams if suitable competitive or developmental benefit looks unlikely.
Results, news, views and updates...it's all here!