PROVISIONAL RESULTS - Devils Burdens Race (Updated Sunday)

Results, news, views and updates...it's all here!

Re: PROVISIONAL RESULTS - Devils Burdens Race (Updated Sunda

Unread post by Guest »

[quote="Brian Cruickshank"]These results are provisional only. Updated on Sunday 10/2/13.

Final results will be posted as soon as they have been scrutinised by the organisers.

There are some missing split times. Post here if you can help with these.

http://bcruickshank.brinkster.net/DBRESULTS2013.pdf[/quote

gibson fleming westerlands v50A time 3rd leg 33 57

Unread post by Guest »

I was running leg 1 for shettleston(team 55, Bill Breckenridge, 28.13). Timed myself at 28.10 and finished just behind(within a second or 2) a westies runner who was timed at 28.07. Almost certain there was no one else seperating us because we were so close. Surprised to see that 2 runners (carnethy and ochils) have been given times in between us. I passed both these teams on the last bit of road before the field finish. Maybe in the heat of battle I have got it wrong but almost certain they didn't pass me again on the run in!? Wonder if anyone else can shed some light on it?

Thanks for a great day, Bill Breckenridge

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:32 pm.

Unread post by Guest »

Adam Ward wrote:further to comments on leg 4 times

I ran with Andy Spenceley on Leg 4 for Carnethy v50 team - I had a watch on the whole race and we started at 2.04.15 (not 2.06.00) and finished at 2.42.33.
This would give us a 38.18 split - which I realise means we are slower than you have - even slower if you accept the official finish time of 2.42.38 - wasn't quite sure exactly where the finish was as there was so many people milling about there!

But it does look like there is a problem with the sycronicity of the leg3/4 changeover clock from the start of the race.

You may want to check with more leg 4 runners who started around us. Probably also means Willie Gibsons time is faster if he finished at 2.04.15

Adam Ward
No problem with stop watches at 3/4 changeover.....we had three watches on the go all commenced at start line and in sync throuout
John Hamer

Unread post by John Hamer »

Westerlands V50 B team should be entered in the Male 50 category, not Open -- all the runners were V50s.
Sheena

Unread post by Sheena »

Thanks for a fantastic day's racing! The Stormers' 4th leg has an extra hour on it too. Rhona and I were 46min really! Thanks, Sheena Logan
Brian Cruickshank

Unread post by Brian Cruickshank »

Guest wrote:
Adam Ward wrote:further to comments on leg 4 times

I ran with Andy Spenceley on Leg 4 for Carnethy v50 team - I had a watch on the whole race and we started at 2.04.15 (not 2.06.00) and finished at 2.42.33.
This would give us a 38.18 split - which I realise means we are slower than you have - even slower if you accept the official finish time of 2.42.38 - wasn't quite sure exactly where the finish was as there was so many people milling about there!

But it does look like there is a problem with the sycronicity of the leg3/4 changeover clock from the start of the race.

You may want to check with more leg 4 runners who started around us. Probably also means Willie Gibsons time is faster if he finished at 2.04.15

Adam Ward
No problem with stop watches at 3/4 changeover.....we had three watches on the go all commenced at start line and in sync throughout
Hi Adam, thanks for pointing that out. There was an error in the spreadsheet formula. Well spotted! :i: