Ladies Devils Burdens Teams- update and Buffs!

Results, news, views and updates...it's all here!
jocelyn Scott

Ladies Devils Burdens Teams- update and Buffs!

Unread post by jocelyn Scott »

Fife AC Devils Burdens Women's teams as things stand Jan 6th-ready for Saturday 21st Jan.( teams have held up remarkably well,thanks to all):
NOTE:Entry forms are already passed in and we are paid up-your payment of £3( our special FIFEAC discounted rate) to your team captains on the day( captains pass on £18 to me).Team names of course may change..!( but categories stay)
Early Start is 9.30 am( must be at Falkland hall to get parked and collect number,race briefing etc so need to be there 8.45 ish).
Main Start 10.30am( still a good idea to get there early enough to collect numbers,cheer off first group and then get yourselves organised to your leg.)
Also Note: The new FIFEAC Red and White Buffs are on their way,I'll be flogging them for a tenner on the day and before at training-so we'll be recognisable by our headgear even if totally muffled up in cold gear,clubvests covered by waterproofs depending on conditions.Cheap at the price and in my view you can never have too many Buffs...
MAIN MESSAGE: Enjoy a great day out with the Club,crazy adventure across the hills-complete it safely-have the right full body cover,compass,whistle,map etc-see DevilsBurdens page on this website.Support your clubmates as they set off and come in,makes a difference.
Any problems just contact me(01334 870637/07942004487) scott.dron@tiscali.co.uk
Senior FemalesWonder Women?:10.30 start
1.Fiona Bracegirdle 2.Alison McGill/Jen Cruikshanks3.Megan Crawford /Jen Spence 4.Katie Jones .Reserve Sophie Mullins if back from injury by then.
Fife“First Timers” ( plus an experienced navigator on leg 2!) mainly Senior but with one vet,so Vet 40 category: 9.30 start
1.Merce Torres 2.Ruth Letham/Anita Laidlaw 3.Kate Cross/Sophie Milne 4. Dharini Balasubramaniam.
Fife Fast Forties, Vet 40 :10.30 start
1.Sue Armstrong 2.Elise Methven/Sandra Tulloch 3.Sarah Legge/Rhona Van Rensburg4.Carrie Ruxton
b]Annie's Angels[/b] V 40( with a few 50s!): 9.30 start
1Jane Henderson 2.Sandie Kennedy/Donna Morgan3.Anne Whiteford/Wendy Ritchie 4.Kate Fernando
Vets Flying Fifties V 50: 10.30 start
1.Addy Gerrard 2.Louise Burt/Lorraine Brown 3.Hilary Ritchie/Keren MacPherson 4.Lynne Stephens
Vets Nifty Fifties V 50 :9.30 start
1.Jennifer Morris 2.Liz Killean/Moira Grainger 3.Fiona Walker /Nanette Heaney 4.Rosie Lee
Speedy Sixties V 60: 9.30 start
1.Sue Whisler 2.Eliza McLachlan/Jocelyn Scott 3.Innes Bracegirdle/Margaret Martin 4.Catriona Duncan (Reserve Jane Askey)
Please ensure you ( or your partner on paired leg) have recced your assigned leg -see fuller details on separate post about last chance for leg2 and 3 this coming Sunday,Jan 8th)
If you haven't managed to do this,contact me and I'll fix something up for you.( 07942004487)
Meeting places: For the longer leg recces( legs 2 and 3),will need to meet at end of the leg in each case to then pile into a few cars back to start point, to avoid recceing that leg then needing to run back again!
Sunday,8th January recce of legs 2 and 3,separately as above,meeting at 9.00am.
Leg 2 meet at Kinnesswood Primary school car park;leg 3 meet at Falkland Duck pond
Last edited by jocelyn Scott on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Katie Jones

Re: Ladies Devils Burdens Teams- update and Buffs!

Unread post by Katie Jones »

Hi Jocelyn, the senior women's team has been working on the assumption we're running in the order you said in your last message, with Megan and Jen S on leg 2 and Alison and Jen C on leg 3, not the other way round as you've put above; will we need to change that round on the entry form?
jocelyn Scott

Yes,you're right! Glad you're on the ball. Jen Spence and Megan on leg 2,and Alison recceing leg 3 today that's great. I've messaged Jen Spence to alert her to my Senior moment. Put it down to me rushing out the latest info without doublechecking on the paperwork after the Halina change.I'll make sure it's changed for the official entry form that the club now have and will now edit the list above.. Will we be hoping for a clear day or like today very misty one for local advantage?
jocelyn Scott

There will be a change to the Flying Fifties as Lorraine Brown has had to pull out with a foot injury that is not improving just getting worse. We are in the process of reshuffling accordingly and will edit the list once definite decision on replacement and new running order confirmed.
jocelyn Scott

Senior Females team( the Wonder Women) have just been juggling their running order-so will now edit above to show that leg 2 is Alison McGll andJen Cruickshanks and leg 3 Jen Spence with Megan Crawford. No problem,good to hear they have been out recceing routes.