Devils Burdens Hill relay,Women's teams

Results, news, views and updates...it's all here!
jocelyn Scott

Devils Burdens Hill relay,Women's teams

Unread post by jocelyn Scott »

Sat,21st January across the Lomonds, in teams of 6,where else would you want to be? Know this is well in advance, but the weeks fly by and on this event you really need to have recced the route of your particular leg,and to be in training for those tough hills! We also want to have lots of women's teams out in all the age categories(F Seniors,FV40,F50,F60,and Mixed)-and the more we have signed up the more likely that we have full teams on the day. A Planning/Plotting social evening( with maps, sign up forms and cake and hot punch to help)likely for Thursday,24th Nov, 8pm after Dave's training in St Andrews-venue tbc depending on numbers. Let me know here or email scott.dron@tiscali.co.uk. Hope we have lots of you out there looking forward to this challenge( and Gary's great soup and rolls at the end)..... ( Just edited this as realised my email address had highlighted over into next sentence opening word-sorry to anyone who just clicked on it and got their reply returned.)
Last edited by jocelyn Scott on Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
jocelyn Scott

Re: Devils Burdens Hill relay,Women's teams

Sign ups so far:Lynn Stephens,Hilary Ritchie,Keren MacPherson,Moira Grainger,Liz Killean,Addy Gerrard,Louise Burt( knee permitting),Sue Whisler,Eliza MacLachlan,Jocelyn Scott,Innes BraceGirdle,Margaret Martin-with a good few others in the pipeline,hopefully! Phone or message to add your name and hope to post soon to confirm our evening DB cauldron stir session,likely for Thursday 24th November.A good start ,keep the names coming in.We offer hill training sessions,maps,recces of each leg and there's definitely time to get hill fit....
jocelyn Scott

More sign ups to add: Lorraine Brown,Rhona Van Rensburg,Sandie Kennedy,Anne Whiteford,Donna Morgan,Wendy Ritchie,Val Herkes.Keep the names coming in! Hope to have lots of teams and all welcome to the"strategy/plotting" evening on Thursday,24th Nov...
jocelyn Scott

Further to my attempts at facebook stuff, more sign ups: Jen Spence,Katie Jones , Alison McGill , Carrie Ruxton Fox , Jen Cruikshanks , Fiona Bracegirdle and Elise Methven.
Last edited by jocelyn Scott on Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EMev

Unread post by EMev »

Please add me in, Elise Methven FV40
jocelyn Scott

More names coming in for women's teams-I'll do one big list soon,but have been editing ,adding to lists see above.Two more names from Dave's training last night:Gill Smith and Merce Torres. As they bombed past me I managed to get their agreement between my puffing and gasping....
Gill Smith

Unread post by Gill Smith »

Thanks again Jocelyn, see you on the 24th if not before - can't keep me away from cake! :h:
jocelyn Scott

A few more names:Fiona Walker,Sue Armstrong( achilles permitting),Sandra Tulloch
jocelyn Scott

Another runner for the Senior Women: Halina Rees.Also signing up Rosie Lee for vets( and Kate Fernando's Sunday hillrunning sessions giving her no real excuses...!) Jane Askey too.
jocelyn Scott

Another runner for DB relay:Megan Crawford has signed up-the Senior Women's team grouping looking stronger by the day.... Editing this to add Morgan Windram Geddes-a few other names coming in too...not too late to sign up if you fancy this challenge,we hope to organise Ladies teams in each age category and coordinate with Ian Hawkins and Roger Rees to put ladies into a strong Mixed team as well.