forth road bridge closed until next year

Results, news, views and updates...it's all here!
kenny anthony

forth road bridge closed until next year

Unread post by kenny anthony »

anyone got any thoughts/ suggestions on getting to east districts as i had plans early sat. morning and with possible traffic jams how long will it take to get there. maybe we should car share more for this one and how early will we now have to leave. any trains go there from edinburgh.
Graham Bennison

Re: forth road bridge closed until next year

Unread post by Graham Bennison »

Livingston North Station is 10 mins walk to the course and there are 3 trains an hour from Edinburgh on Saturdays.

But...yes Kenny car sharing would be good idea too.

I have the tent so need to get there early for the first race at 11 am. I would expect to leave here at 7am/7.30 ish.....if anyone wants to accompany me ?
Graham Bennison

Unread post by Graham Bennison »

By car from Cupar area you would need to go via Kinross, Crook of Devon (twinned with the thief of Baghdad) and then the Clackmannanshire Bridge. Then M76.....M9......M8 usual route.
Travelling from Glenrothes/Kircaldy area....Dunfermline....Kincardine Bridge then M76 M9 etc.
kenny anthony

17.70 return from markinch, total travel time approx 1hr 20 each way, possibly best option for me. good to know its livingston north, thanks graham.
ktaylor

Unread post by ktaylor »

I am planning on driving down with Calum Harvie and Dan Clarke leaving from Cupar. We could possibly pick you or meet you en route Kenny? Might also have room for one other person if you dont mind getting up close and personal with two sweaty runners in the back seat....

Keith
kenny anthony

i cant leave till about 9.30am so i was going to get train just after 10, dont want to make you late. so would take lift if you think that would give us enough time to get there but no probs if you need to go earlier cheers
kenny anthony

i cant leave till about 9.30am so i was going to get train just after 10, dont want to make you late. so would take lift if you think that would give us enough time to get there but no probs if you need to go earlier cheers
ktaylor

Unread post by ktaylor »

That's ok I can't leave too early either. I think we will leave cupar around 11 aiming to get there for 1pm. If you email me keithtaylor75@hotmail.com or 07740996345 I can confirm details.