Fife AC needs more volunteers - can you help?

Results, news, views and updates...it's all here!
lesley thirkell

Fife AC needs more volunteers - can you help?

Unread post by lesley thirkell »

As part of the on-going reorganisation of Fife AC, I've taken on the role of Club Ambassador. This role involves encouraging more people to volunteer within the Club and also supporting both existing and new volunteers. Volunteers perform a wide variety of roles - club officials, coaches, competition officials, marshals at races, course setters, cake bakers, people who publicise our activities, people who cheer on runners in races - the list goes on and on! In Fife AC we are incredibly lucky because we have so many people who regularly help out, giving their time and energy to the Club in very generous ways. Without all these volunteers, the Club simply wouldn't exist.

We can never have enough volunteers and we are always very happy to have more in any area of the club's activities! There are lots of different ways you could help - organising fund raising events, driving athletes to events, helping before or during events and so on, in addition to the wide variety of more obvious ways of volunteering.

However, there are still some areas of Club life which are desperately short of volunteers and my role will focus on trying to find people to help fill these gaps. We need new volunteers in three particular areas:

1. track and field coaches - especially for non-endurance events. We would like to find coaches for sprints, hurdles, jumps and throws, for both introductory level coaching and also elite level coaching.

2. track and field officials - both beginner and experienced officials

3. team managers, particularly for track and field

Would you be interested in being involved in any of these areas? Do you know someone who might be interested? All levels of expertise are welcome. If you have no experience, the club can help you to get training and support. If you haven't been involved for some time, we can arrange for a refresher course. The time commitment depends on you - you can decide how much time you can give us. All volunteers working with juniors must be CRB checked. If you would like to discuss becoming more involved with Fife AC, either in one of the three areas mentioned above or in any other area, please feel free to contact me. My email is lt@st-andrews.ac.uk or phone 01337 858038.
Lesley Thirkell