Ravenscraig Park Mile Series 2 x 1M Relay Tue 20/8/13

Results, news, views and updates...it's all here!
Paul Roarty

Ravenscraig Park Mile Series 2 x 1M Relay Tue 20/8/13

Unread post by Paul Roarty »

Race: Ravenscraig Park Mile Series 2 x 1M Relay

Distance: 2 x 1 Mile ( Just short of one lap on the traffic free road/tarmac path - accurately measured park course )

Venue: Ravenscraig Park, Dysart Rd, Kirkcaldy, KY1 2AY

Date: Tuesday 20/08/13

Start time: 19:00pm ( Registration from 18:00pm in front of the bowling green in the park. ) NOTE: 1st Leg runners will receive plane white card number / 2nd Leg runners Coloured card number.

Entry Fee: £2.00 ADULT / £1.00 U20

Prizes: Fastest Male / Female Split, 1st place medals awarded in U20, 20-39, V40+ M/F, MV50+ and 1st Mixed - M+F Teams

Toilets: At the north west entrance to the park a council run toilet block is open until 18:30pm @ 30p

Changing: Clothes can be left at Start/Finish line or at the registration table where supervised at own risk.

Course Information: Road race on tarmac path/road, course is one big loop of the park starting and finishing in front of the bowling green. Flat/down hill fast start with one small climb of around 60 meters at around the half mile mark, remainder flat to finish. http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/2009905

Pictures: Pictures are normally taken at the prize giving and on course where possible.

Race organiser: Paul Roarty ( Feel free to contact me at woosh@rock.com or Tel: 01592 759366 with any questions )

Call for help on the night: :p: If anyone is free to help in any way on the night, ie mainly finish line - recording times or recording numbers, this would be a great help. :thumbup:

Thanks
Paul
jim close

Re: Ravenscraig Park Mile Series 2 x 1M Relay Tue 20/8/13

Unread post by jim close »

Both Maureen and myself would be delighted to help out. See you Tuesday.
Paul Roarty

Thanks again Jim. You and Maureen have been fantastic with everything you have both done this year, certainly took a lot of pressure of me :f: I would have really struggled with compiling the results and on the finish line without you both. :thumbup: See you both Tuesday!

This year has been the best since the series started in April 2008. A Course Record, record field of 79, piles of PB'S, MU20, FV40, FV50 & FV60 age group records, weather has been dry every race too! and a great support from a number volunteers is very much appreciated. With Tuesdays race being the last in this years series i have a few extra presentations to make to everyone (hope i dont miss anyone out) who has helped over the series this year, just a wee something to say thanks for your support, because without it id really struggle to do everything on my own! :crazy:

Thanks
Paul :thumbup:
Brian Cruickshank

Unread post by Brian Cruickshank »

Hi Paul, I should be ok for helping you out on Tuesday.
jim close

Unread post by jim close »

Brian, We'll pick you up if you like

Jim
muchtiescouser

Unread post by muchtiescouser »

Hi Paul, will be there tomorrow to assist.

David
TonyM

Unread post by TonyM »

Do you want the gantry? :twisted:
Silent Assassin-you never know when he's going to sneak up & take you from behind!
Paul Roarty

Hi Brian, David and Tony,

Thanks again, all your help is very much appreciated as always :thumbup: Dont know what i would do without you guy's .......probably really struggle lol :f:

Tony, the ganrty would be great again, there will be two finish lines - one at 1M for the change over and the main one at 2M for the 2nd leg runners finishing. Im thinking the gantry would good at the 2M - main finish line.

PS: I have a wee bag of goody's :m: for you all tomorrow night too! Just a wee something to say thanks for your help over the series.

Thanks Paul