May I have this Paarlauf? - Tuesday 21 May

Results, news, views and updates...it's all here!
Lou B

May I have this Paarlauf? - Tuesday 21 May

Unread post by Lou B »

May I have this paarlauf? Wetlands, Cupar. Tuesday 21 May

Instead of the usual training session there will be a paarlauf at Wetlands, Cupar, on Tuesday 21 May. There will be the option of either a 5k or 10k event. Registration will be at Wetlands at 6pm, ready for a 6:20pm start. So spring into action and grab a partner, or organise a partner on the night.

Entry is free but donations will be welcome – a suggested donation is £2 per runner (free for kids). All money raised goes towards ABF The Soldiers Charity. I am in a women’s team, with Liz Killean and Carrie Fox, taking part in the ‘Cateran Yomp’, a long distance run/walk/hobble (or will that just be me) around 52 miles of the Cateran Trail to raise money for the charity.

Everyone is welcome.

Lou B
Lou B

Re: May I have this Paarlauf? - Tuesday 21 May

Unread post by Lou B »

Don't forget, the paarlauf is this evening and to put a spring in your step the sun is shining (well, it was shining at 9am!)

Hope to see you later.

Lou B
Calum Harvie

Unread post by Calum Harvie »

Thanks all for organising this last night - great fun :)

Unread post by Guest »

Thank you to everyone who came along to the paarlauf and made it such fun. Congratulations to Team Dalgleish and the Reesicles who finished first in the 5k and 10k races, respectively. Many thanks also to those who helped out; Moira Grainger, Jennifer Kibble and Tom and also to Dave Francis and Wendy for letting us use the training session. Thank you for your generosity - we raised £77, which is fabulous. All donations will go to the ABF The Soliders' Charity, Prince's Trust Scotland and the Alliance Trust Staff Foundation which supports disadvantaged families across Scotland. More information about the Cateran Yomp can be found at
http://www.wildfoxevents.com/events/cur ... eran-yomp/
and further donations can be made at
http://fundraising.soldierscharity.org/ ... ect%2fnone

A blue 'Billabong' sweatshirt (small size) was left behind. I can take it to St Andrews training or Cupar training, if that would help return it. Please post here to let me know what is best.

5K results
1 20:35 Team Dalgeish
2 20:39 Team Awesome
3 21:17 The A Team
4 21:24 The Black Bombers
5 21:45 Team Bob
6 22:06 Team Eve
7 22:35 Doughnuts
8 23:08 Team Jack
9 23:08 Team Hannah
10 23:25 Solo Ben
11 23:44 Team Tabs
12 25:50 Team Fred
13 26:06 Team Howe
14 26:30 Ross, Ben and Graeme

10K results
1 33:42 The Reesicles
2 35:22 Ian Hawkins and Dave Cowan
3 35:36 Roger Rees and Calum Harvie
4 38:20 Team Fernando
5 38:38 Team Yellow
6 42:34 John Keenlyside and Stewart Davidson
7 45:20 Wendy Ritchie and Val Herkes (and dog)
8 45:32 Last of the summer wine
9 48:11 Terrible Trio
10 48:19 Team Kirby
11 49:05 Team Legge
12 53:44 Bob Stark and John Scott

Thank you

Lou, Liz and Carrie