Track Training

Results, news, views and updates...it's all here!
Nigel Hetherington

Track Training

Unread post by Nigel Hetherington »

Hiya folks,
Can anyone advise if Fife AC members can access either St Andrews University track or Michael Wood track for speed endurance coaching / training please? I'm a level 4 coach as well as a competing member of the club and am keen to re-commence coaching / training along with one or two athletes I coach. Any info on access times would be really helpful. Although I live just across the boundary in Perthshire, and am closer to the George Duncan Arena in Perth, PKC are only allowing their Paces registered clubs to access the facility right now which is somewhat frustrating!
Thanks for any advice
Cheers
Nigel Hetherington
Fife AC Admin
Site Admin

Re: Track Training

Unread post by Fife AC Admin »

Unfortunately the University track is currently not available for any community groups to use due to University Covid rules. Community groups are also not allowed to train on the playing fields - sessions or runs. These limitations will change in the future, once the University loosens its Covid guidelines.

The Fife AC group which coaches the students is also not allowed to use the track at the moment. Students tried to train on the track on their own earlier this week and were asked to leave as they didn't have a booking.

Therefore, until things change, it's not possible to train at the University - grass or track.

For information about the Michael Woods Centre, it would be better to call their Reception and enquire.
Nigel Hetherington

Re: Track Training

Unread post by Nigel Hetherington »

That's very much appreciated information - many thanks!