London Marathon

Results, news, views and updates...it's all here!
Fife AC Admin
Site Admin

London Marathon

Unread post by Fife AC Admin »

Results from Fife AC runners in London Marathon here. Let me know of any I've missed.
Sophie

Re: London Marathon

Unread post by Sophie »

Chapeau to all!

Andy Wright, what an inspiration!
mark harris

Unread post by mark harris »

Well done to all Fife runners - and a special set of congratulations to Andy.

The London marathon must have been quite an emotional event this year following the bombings in Boston. Did this make the running harder? Certainly the elite runners started off as though they were escaping from something.

Mark
feldylass

Unread post by feldylass »

Well done to all the Fife ac runners fantatsic times and I can imagine a rather emotional day.
Andywright

Unread post by Andywright »

Thanks a lot. I must admit I had to pay a wee trip to the medical tent afterwards. Nothing serious, just went too fast over early miles with all the excitement (some old fools never learn!) and then had to hang on for lots of miles. The crowd were fantastic and I reckon Fife Tourist Board should pay me a fee there were so many cries of "come on Fife" . I was longing to stop and walk for a bit but the friendly abuse they gave out to anyone who did this persuaded me this was not an option . I also received lots of friendly smiles from some of the ladies in the crowd, unfortunately I did not have time to take details.
andy
Ktaylor

Unread post by Ktaylor »

I would agree with Andys comments it was a very special atmosphere and a wonderful day for running. I would like to thank fife ac for giving me the opportunity to take part which I am hugely grateful for. Unfortunately my race didn't go quite so well and the wheels fell off rather spectacularly in the last 5k but with the events of last week in eveyones mind it is a joy to be able to get up and run again another day.

I also had an incredible number of shouts from strangers in the crowd although about half of them were cockneys who didn't know where or what Fife is and assumed that it was my name so I heard a lot of "come on fee-fee" which did make me laugh. I also had the rather surreal experience of bumping into Richard Branson at the finish. I asked home if there was any chance of shortening the course slightly. He was non-committal.