Spam email pretending to be Graham Bennison

Results, news, views and updates...it's all here!
DavidSmyth

Spam email pretending to be Graham Bennison

Unread post by DavidSmyth »

Dear all,

Got an email apparently from Graham with the title "Please Respond.." Contents were:

"It's me, Graham. I know this may sound odd but it all happened very fast. I made a trip to Belgium and I misplaced my luggage containing my passport and credit cards. I've contacted my bank and the embassy, the embassy is willing to assist me but my funds are depleted to pay for a new passport fees and other miscellaneous expenses.

My bank said it would take 5 working days to access funds from my account. Please can you lend me some funds? I'll pay back, as soon as I return home.

I await your response,
Graham Bennison"

Just got confirmation from Graham that he's not in Belgium, his luggage is safe and he doesn't need any money....

The email was from Graham Bennison <bennyelmvvood@yahoo.co.uk>. Two V's rather than a W.

It hit the 4 email accounts graham has used with me (need to get rid of a few personally!) so might have got more from his address book.

Be careful out there.......

David
Sue Whisler

Re: Spam email pretending to be Graham Bennison

Unread post by Sue Whisler »

Yes - I got three copies of the false plea from Graham! I have seen these before from other people so knew it was SPAM. Very pleased to know that Graham is in funds and in Fife !
Daniel Newman

Unread post by Daniel Newman »

I got one from his luggage saying it had mislaid Graham.
tom pairman

Unread post by tom pairman »

That Email from "Graham Bennison".

I received the same email this morning, Monday 22 April 2013, from some scammer pretending to be Graham.
I have had those before so knew it was a scam.
If Graham had really been in trouble he would have gone to the British Embassy or phoned a friend for help.

I am now wondering just how this thieving wretch managed to get my address. He must have got into the Fife AC web site somehow. No doubt some more of our runners will get this same email. I hope no one is daft enough to fall for it.

Well, you know the old saying, "It takes a lang spoon tae sup wie a Fifer! "