Bob Stark THANK YOU

Results, news, views and updates...it's all here!
Graham Bennison

Bob Stark THANK YOU

Unread post by Graham Bennison »

Many thanks to all who helped make the Bob Stark Memorial 5km Race such a success. When deductions for hall and Scottish Athletics are known I will post the figure to be presented to Prostate Cancer Scotland.

Jim Dunstan, Nick Brian, Lynne Stephen were invaluable at registration. Dave Francis….his brilliant help with marking the course and collecting in markers.
Course marshals…..Dave Francis, Kenny Gorman, Maggie Bell, Cliff Dicker, Andrew Ballantine, Ruth Hoffman, Claire Bonucchi…..quick fill in marshals for Kids race Calum Harvie and Lynne Stephen.
The finish team…….Ken Morris, Claire Sandilands, Dharini, Nick Brian, Jim Dunstan. Kids race….Anne Whiteford, Ken Morris, Susan Bayne, Wendy Ritchie.
The results duo of Andy Milne and Dharini…….absolutely fantastic.
The Stark family for organising the kitchen and Euan Stark for tidying up the hall. Lindsey and Owen Stark for piping out and in the runners.
Thanks also to Frank McLaren for organising the Scottish Athletics permit.
Thanks go to Falkland Estate, Falkland Palace and Kirkcaldy firm Multi-Print who kindly donated the race numbers.

The record number of runners that entered……the race was full within 24 hours !!

Finally Lynne Stephen was a great help in de-flouring arrow operations around the course aided by stiff brush and doggie Myla.

If I’ve missed anyone out please do let me know.
Graham Bennison

Re: Bob Stark THANK YOU

bob stark race start.jpg
bob stark race start.jpg (1.25 MiB) Viewed 3139 times
Fife Ac and Wizards before start.jpg
Fife Ac and Wizards before start.jpg (1.23 MiB) Viewed 3139 times
Graham Bennison

Re: Bob Stark THANK YOU

Bob Stark Memorial 5km. I am pleased to announce that a visit is on the cards to Prostate Cancer Scotland office this next Tuesday 10th Dec. where the fabulous sum of £1700 will be presented. This allows for payment already made to SAF for unaffiliated fees and also money to hire Falkland Hall next year. Also thanks for the £50 donation sent to the office on our behalf.
Many thanks to all who entered, ran, helped on the day and supported this worthy cause.