Results, news, views and updates...it's all here!
Nikki

Unread post by Nikki »

Hi I'm looking for information.
I've been running for about 3 years and taken part in everything from 5k right up to marathon. Also lots of adventure running deerstalker to tough mudder. Now looking at doing triathlons. At present I'm with Glenrothes tri club.
I'm not fast by any means but have just managed to get 10k down to 56 mins. Looking to find other like minded people to run/train with. By my own admission I'm shit at hills but want to improve and maybe even learn to love it..... Yes I do have a sense of humour lol.
Where do you guys meet? And do you really have people that are as slow as me :-)
I live in kennoway and work 8-6 in Cupar
Look forward to hearing from you :-)
Nikki wood
roger rees

Re: Newbie

Unread post by roger rees »

Hi NIkki, see a list of our various training groups at:

http://www.fifeac.org/about/training.html

Sunday morning 9am is the regular hill session - see this forum each week for details of where the group is meeting, as it varies from Sunday to Sunday, although the Lomonds is the default area.
GOG

Re: Newbie

Unread post by GOG »

Hi, Great to see that you are keen to improve. The local triathlon scene is very strong and I am sure you will obtain lots of good advice from the experienced competitors. I do not know if you are aware but there are a series of Wednesday evening cycle time trials throughout the season,April-September. They vary from 5 to 25 miles but are mostly 10 miles.These are official British Cycling Races over accurately measured courses and will give you a realistic valuation of your improvement.I am sure that Andy Hain at your local bike shop,Leslie Bikes,Glenrothes will be able to give you details and perhaps get you to buy some nice go faster equipment.Good luck with your endeavours.