Team Kingdom and the new-style junior league

Results, news, views and updates...it's all here!
lesley thirkell

Team Kingdom and the new-style junior league

Unread post by lesley thirkell »

We are looking for all Fife's U17/20 athletes to compete for Team Kingdom in the new-style National Junior League. I'm attaching the information from our flyer below and will email this to as many athletes as possible but I'd be very happy to hear from anyone who's interested in competing. As a team, we are really short of jumpers and throwers so if you are aware of any athletes who do the sport at school, are quite good and who enjoy it but haven't yet joined Fife, I'd also be very pleased to hear about them! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me (lt@st-andrews.ac.uk/01337 858038/07771794984).

UK Youth Development League (U17/20)
Question
How many former Kingdom Athletic athletes took part in the 2012 Olympic Games?
Answer
Two! Eilidh Child and Eilish McColgan.
Join the legacy and be the next Kingdom athlete to make team GB…

What is Kingdom Athletic Club?
Kingdom Athletic is a composite team comprising of Dundee Hawkhill Harriers, Fife AC and Pitreavie AAC.

Which league do we take part in?
Kingdom Athletic take part in the UK Youth Development League UAG (Upper Age Group formerly known as the National Junior League) and is in the Northern Region Premier Division 2. There are four matches each summer; three in England and one in Scotland.
Athletes must be either U17 or U20 and three athletes (male and female) are required for each event (last season we only needed two athletes per event). All track and field events are on the programme. For further information, have a look at http://www.ukydl.org.uk
Note – This is the main league competition for all U17 and U20 athletes and the aim is to compete at the highest level possible and gain promotion.

How do we get there?
When we travel to England, we go down on Saturday, stay the night in a Premier Travel Lodge, compete on Sunday and then travel home after the match.
The bus collects athletes from Dundee, Glenrothes and Dunfermline. We can also arrange to pick up athletes at other places with sufficient planning.
There will be no bus for the Pitreavie fixture and any athlete who needs help with transport should contact us. Details of the accommodation and competition venues will be available nearer the time.

What cost is involved?
Athletes pay £20 per trip (payable on the day), which contributes to the cost of the transport and the hotel. Kingdom covers the remaining cost of B&B and the bus. Athletes must provide their other meals by themselves.
The three clubs contribute £1500 each to support the trips and we then depend on fundraising and donations to cover the rest of the costs. If you know of a company or organisation which might be able to make a contribution, we'd be very happy to hear from you!

When and where are the matches?
 Sunday 28.4.13 Pitreavie
 Sunday 2.6.13 Leeds
 Sunday 30.6.13 Wakefield
 Sunday 28.7.13 Sheffield

Questions?
If you have questions or need more information, please contact:
Paul Allan Tel 01383 616320 or 07792535295 Email paulallan71@hotmail.com
Lesley Thirkell Tel 01337 858038 or 07771794984.
Find us on FaceBook, Kingdom Athletic.

Availability
Please try to be free on these weekends! Paul Allan, the team manager, selects athletes based on performances, ability and availability. In theory we have too many athletes for everyone to go to every match but in reality we usually need everyone because of injuries, illness or other commitments. If you work at weekends, please try and arrange to be free for these dates.
Please complete and return the slip below to Lesley (4, South Maltings, Newton of Falkland, Fife KY15 7QT) or to Paul. Alternatively email your availability to paulallan71@hotmail.com

I am available and would like to be considered for the following matches
Sunday 28.4.13 Pitreavie
Sunday 2.6.13 Leeds
Sunday 30.6.13 Wakefield
Sunday 28.7.13 Sheffield

Re: Team Kingdom and the new-style junior league

Unread post by Guest »

Hi Lesley

Just to let you know I'd be available for all events except the last one in July as I'm on holiday

Ewan Paton
lesley thirkell

Unread post by lesley thirkell »

Thanks Ewan, that's really helpful! I'll be in touch.

Lesley
Halina Rees

Unread post by Halina Rees »

Hi Lesley
i can do the first two matches, but i'll be away for the last two. Happy to do any of the distance events, and the 4x4 and maybe a the 4oomh,if there is a need!
Halina