Easter Paarlauf - 3 April

Results, news, views and updates...it's all here!
Lou B

Easter Paarlauf - 3 April

Unread post by Lou B »

Easter Bunny Paarlauf - Thursday 4 April - University track - TO BE CONFIRMED
I have been contacted by St Andrews University Cross Country Club who are keen to organise a paarlauf and would like to invite Fife AC (and anyone else) to take part.

The only details I have at present are that it will take place on Thursday 4 April at the university track and there will be a 5k and a 10k race. Note, there is now an all-weather pitch in the middle of the track and so you may have to run reps of 400m (or multiples thereof) if it is in use!

Please check for further postings.
LouB

Re: Easter Paarlauf - 3 April

Unread post by LouB »

Update! Update!!
The Paarlauf may be moved to Wednesday April 3rd.
The reason for the change being that the pitch inside the track will not be in use on Wednesday evening, so it will be possible to run 200m reps.
Waiting for confirmation from the Cross Country Club. Keep watching for updates..
LouB

Re: Easter Paarlauf - 3rd April - CONFIRMED

Unread post by LouB »

The Easter Bunny Paarlauf is now definitely on Wednesday April 3rd.
Registration at 17:45.
The race starts at 18:15, both the 5 and 10km, on the track at the University.
Entry fee is £2 per person unless you're a student or a junior, in which case it's free.

If you don't have a running partner, come along anyway and find a partner on the night.
bob thornton

Unread post by bob thornton »

Just found a £2 coin in my pocket. In the excitement of getting a 'ringer' on my team :shh: I forgot to hand it over :oops:
I promise to hand it over at the next Fife race :thumbup:
Thanks for the organising :clap:
LouB

Unread post by LouB »

On an evening nearly as cold as Christmas (but the track wasn't covered in ice) several hardy teams took to the track at the University for the paarlauf. Teams were very inventive in their relay batons with a bar of triangular chocolate, a rubber duck, a Christmas tree but the Easter rabbit had to take the prize! Ruth Roberts and Abbey Bender lead the way and finished 5k in 20:24 followed by Logan and Tristan finishing 10k in 30:37. Thanks to Ruth for organising everything.

Results:

10km race
1 30:37 Logan Rees and Tristan Rees (FAC) with the fleetest of feet
2 32:08 Duncan HB and Chris Russell (StAU)
3 34:17 George Rees and Roger Rees (FAC)
4 40:11 David Bowers and Bob Thornton (StAU/FAC) showed what you can fit into a 20 minute break
5 44:27 Ruth Cruickshank and Frank Mackay first mixed pair
6 48:04 Jenny Henderson, Alice Litton and Easter bunny (FAC/StAU/StAU)
7 51:35 Jane Askey and Carole Fraser (FAC) but surely first with an age-graded handicap

5km
1 20:24 Abbey Bender and Ruth Roberts (StAU)
roger rees

Unread post by roger rees »

Thanks too to Louise and Bill for timing us in the cold.

It was bit peculiar trying to chase down a blue fluffy rabbit on the track!