TOUR OF FIFE 2018 - RACE 5: NOTICE TO VOLUNTEERS

Results, news, views and updates...it's all here!
Frank McLaren

TOUR OF FIFE 2018 - RACE 5: NOTICE TO VOLUNTEERS

Unread post by Frank McLaren »

RACE 5: 10KM RACE, SUNDAY, 15 JULY 2018 AT 2.00PM

Thanks to all who have volunteered.

The race facility is the Falkland Community Hall, Back Wynd, Falkland KY15 7BX, where there are toilets, changing facilities and parking. Post-race refreshments and the prize giving will be held in the hall. Dave Morton will have a pop-up shop in the hall with a selection of running apparel and shoes.

The start is in the Falkland Estate itself and corresponds with the finish of Thursday's Hill Race, which is on the road up from the Duck Pond. You will require 15 minutes to walk to the start from the hall.

The duties for the last race in the series are as follows:-

Starter: Doug Gunstone (Doug could you meet me before 1.00pm at the start/finish area as I will have to go out on the course.)

Timekeepers: Doug Gunstone and Ken Morris

Recorders: Margaret Robertson, Alan McLeod, Tony Martin, Stewart Leckie, Simon Fox

Starter, Timekeepers and Recorders please meet at the start/finish area, no later than 1.40pm.

Marshals: Jenny Barker, Susan Harley, Lynne Stephen, Margaret McLaren, Bryce Aitken, Ron Hilditch, George Black, Frank McLaren

Marshals please meet at the Start/finish area, no later than 1.00pm, then we will walk the course where positions will be allocated.

Distribution of T-Shirts: Jenny Barker and Margaret McLaren

Post-race teas: Sandra Aitken and Teri

Presentation of Prizes: Dave Morton

Final Results: Ron Morrison

Calculation of Category Winners: Doug Gunstone, Alan McLeod, Ken Morris, Tony Martin (I think this will have to be done on the finishing line. Because of the disparity of standards, it would postpone the commencement of the prizegiving to an unacceptable time if we waited until the final runner was in before starting this assessment.)