Devils Burdens-Women Final teams

Results, news, views and updates...it's all here!
jocelyn Scott

Re: Devils Burdens-Women Provisional teams

Unread post by jocelyn Scott »

Please keep an eye on the teams above as with all DB relay teams the sands are still shifting( call offs/injuries etc),I'll try to contact you if you have been moved leg but don't hesitate to phone to volunteer as reserve or fill a gap you can see has emerged! Still a great turnout,runners cheerfully recceing legs and all positive at the moment.....

Jocelyn 07942004487/01334 870637
jocelyn Scott

Re: Devils Burdens-Women Provisional teams

Note latest changes/shifts in leg and/ or teams! Also to help guide your timings,at the moment the only women's team going in the fast start at 10.30 is the speed merchant senior females " Fife Wonder Women". The other 5 women's teams are all going in the early start,note it is a bit earlier this year at 9.20am.Ideally needing all team members in Falkland Hall for this early start so 8.45am( amidst the happy chaos look for the FifeAC corner where the usual nonsense of red/white war paint will be applied plus similar ribbons in your plaits bunches( if lucky enough to have enough hair ),have even heard Jen C paints nails to match.... you can see how crucial such preparation is psychologically to performance? As to full kit,consult website and get back to me if needing any item as we may have spares to lend. Great if weather alows red/white FAC vest to be shown over your baselayer-but usually layered up in jackets for the conditions so don't worry if you are a new member and haven't yet got a vest-although this can be arranged for collection on the day-see website.Note that instead of hat the best bet is the Buff( and we have the red& white FAC Buff at bargain price of £10 available in Hall on the day or ask me for one at training-I keep a few new ones in the van) . Please car share as much as possible-note arriving by 8.45 am will help get you parked as Falkland will be invaded by1000+ runners and supporters so getting a space tricky. Cost for this crazy club dayout on the hills is a very good value £3 per person in each FifeAc team of 6 runners( we get a local club discount!) Rolls and homemade soup available in Hall after your leg. Once teams are settled I'll name a team captain for each team and you can pay them your entry fee on the day.That team captain will also find you and give you your particular team number,go over final instructions.Remember print out map for your leg from website and carry that with you along with rest of kit in your bumbag. ( Best bumbag if you haven't got one is the PeteBland fellrunners bag now £18-see website,light surprisingly capacious and straps can tighten to fit neatly,no bumping up and down. Really useful for all training sessions anyway.) Shoes-leg 1 would get away with road shoes no problem as largely tarmac-or trail/road.Leg2 ideally studded hill shoes but trail shoes ok as once up top running ok not treacherous descents;leg 3 hill shoes really ideal; leg 4 trail shoes ok but if you have hill shoes,great for that shortish section off East Lomond before picking up paths again. Any other Qs phone on 07942004487 or see me at training.( OR AT BROXBURN last east district league xc on this Saturday-all females who can turnout with club vest and number 8 very much appreciated.Details will be on FifeAcfacebook and/or bulletin board...Hope to catch up on the men's turnout lead!)
jocelyn Scott

Re: Devils Burdens-Women Final teams

Note the latest-and hopefully last-changes! See edited final team lists above...