FAC races 2017

Results, news, views and updates...it's all here!
gbarker

FAC races 2017

Unread post by gbarker »

Fac puts on 30+ races each year , more than any other club and unfortunately these are being organised by an increasingly small group of people.This is not sustainable.
The options are to drop a number of races or we need more volunteers to help.
We are looking for race directors/organisers for Cupar 5,Giffordtowm 5k,all the mid week series except Balmullo and the Beveridge park and Ravenscraig series.Without volunteers these are at risk.
Anyone interested in taking on any of these should contact or speak to Frank.Plenty of help and advice will be given.
A similar situation is happening with on the day help.If all members helped at at least 2 events this would be solved.No skills are needed.There is a role for everyone,marshalling registration serving teas etc.If you are injured and not racing this is the ideal way to stay involved.
The plan is to put up a volunteer roster for a number of races at a time giving plenty of choice.
sandybell

Re: FAC races 2017

Unread post by sandybell »

My wife and I helped at Bob's Memorial run in Falkland a few weeks ago. We both had a great day. Looking forward to helping more when I can.