MR G'S MND FUN RUN - SUNDAY, 3 SEPTEMBER 2017

Results, news, views and updates...it's all here!
Frank McLaren

MR G'S MND FUN RUN - SUNDAY, 3 SEPTEMBER 2017

Unread post by Frank McLaren »

Margaret and I have been involved in the organisation of this charity event for the last three years. Having witnessed the debilitating effect of this disease at first hand, I would most strongly commend this event to the membership. To enter either of the races, please go to the Entry Central website.

"This run is being organised by me, Brynja Duthie (age 16) a pupil at Madras College, St Andrews and my teacher Mr Donald Grewar (AKA Mr G). Throughout my time at Madras College I’ve known Mr Grewar as someone who is very fit and loved running but this all changed when he was diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease (MND/ALS) three years ago.

Motor Neurone Disease is a horrible aggressive degenerative disease that attacks the motor neurones, or nerves, in the brain and spinal cord but this hasn’t stopped Mr Grewar remaining positive although his body has suffered the effects of this horrible disease. Mr Grewar has always been an amazing teacher someone who cares and is still very dedicated, giving me and my school mates 100% support wherever he could. Unfortunatley he has recently had to give up teaching due to his condition.

Mr Grewar has always been there for me, and others, and I really think it would be fitting if we were there for him. This race is my/our chance to give him something back and, for me and others, to show him that we really care about him and also for us to demonstrate together how much we appreciate all he has done. He is an amazing person and teacher who deserves our support.

Together we hope this Fun Run will raise a lot of money towards research into Motor Neurones Disease at the University of St Andrews by Dr Gareth Miles and his team and one day a cure be found to help others and that we can also raise money to support Mr Grewar and his care.

If you wish to raise further money through sponsorship for the cause, a form will be available to download from on our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/MrGsMND5kmFunRun

This is a very special day for a very special teacher bringing a special community together to help Mr G, raise money as well as raising awareness of this horrible condition. Please join us and encourage others to come along too.

RACE INFO

This race takes place on Sunday 3rd September 2017, includes a 1km for children age 11 and under starting at 11.00am and a 5km for anyone over 11 years of age starting at 11.30am. The race is £5 to age 11 and under and £10 to everyone else. There will be refreshments after the race in the Cricket Pavillion, University of St Andrews playing fields."