Ravenscraig Park One Mile (27/06/2017

Results, news, views and updates...it's all here!
Daniel Newman

Ravenscraig Park One Mile (27/06/2017

Unread post by Daniel Newman »

Hi folks

A final briefing for tonight Ravenscraig One Mile

Following on from the conversation regarding H&S and Junior runners, there will be a two wave start tonight. I wave at you and you all wave back. That part was a joke. Seriously again though. There will be a first wave of runners that will start and then approximately 10-30 seconds later there will be a second wave that will involve everybody else. The very young runners will be part of this wave.
Some Junior runners will be included in the first wave but inclusion will be at my discretion as I'm the one that has to live with the consequences if anything goes wrong. There are really fast juniors out there and I will take this into account.

The time difference between the two starts will be reflected in the results and I have a system ready that will sort this and hopefully quite quickly and simply.

Secondly there will be a very, very long Finish funnel at the end and also a parkrun style token system in place. This will involve a sticker with your Finish position on it. Please don't be alarmed if it feels like you're being attacked by someone with a sticker at the end. There will also be a finish line video recording as well and friendly Finish line marshalls that will be of assistance.
Just remember when you finish keep moving and remain in the same order that you finish.
Thirdly. The weather!! I'm not sure I can do anything about this. It has finally stopped raining but I've used up every favour going and it could and probably will rain again at some point. Bring warm clothes.

Best regards
Dan
07512 063449