East District Cross Country Relays: deadline 22nd September.

Results, news, views and updates...it's all here!
roger rees

Re: East District Cross Country Relays: deadline 22nd September.

Unread post by roger rees »

Hi everyone,

I hope to start drawing up some provisional starting lists later today - if you havent already, please let me know of any changes in circs/ availability etc - this can include a late announcement of availability!

Cheers, Roger
roger rees

Hi everyone,

as always, the numbers do not work out perfectly, so with grave apologies to those who are left without a quorate team, can I suggest the following line-up for the MJ and FJ teams. (I will post provisional adult teams asap)

MJ Jake Williamson, Iain McWhinnie, Craig Morris
FJ Anna Hedley, Anna Dalgleish, Megan Briers

PLEASE let me know asap if you cannot run, for reaosns of illness / injury etc.

This I am afraid leaves Grace and Isla without a full FJ team; however, you would be eligible and welcome to have a run anyway, with one of you racing as U13 and the other as U15. Have a think/ chat and please let me know whether or not to expect you on Saturday.

It also leaves Owen, Gavin and Ben without a team: this is more awkward because you are all U15, ie you cannot run in the U13 leg. Provision could be made for you to start at the race referee's discretion, against each other and the bulk of the other clubs' U15 runners, but I appreciate this is not ideal. On the positive side, this clustering of U15s looks great for the league and championship races, so you may prefer to leave your xc debut for this season until the following week, at Stirling. Have a think/ chat and please let me know whether or not to expect you on Saturday.

Event details ate at http://events.scottishathletics.org.uk/ ... mpionships

There is a cafe at Deans; I will register the teams and take numbers and pins out onto the course, where I look forward to seeing you all.
roger rees

A slight edit to the MJ team:

Owen Keddie will run the U15 leg instead of Iain.
shedley

Unread post by shedley »

Hi Roger,
Yes Isla is happy to run even if there is no full team.
Thanks for organizing, Sharon
Sandie

Unread post by Sandie »

Just to confirm, Jake Williamson will be there tomorrow.
Our first XC season, so a couple of questions:
How long before the race starts should we arrive?
Will trainers be ok, as we don't have appropriate spikes?
Thanks, Sandie
rickbooth

Unread post by rickbooth »

Hi Roger,
Grace is full of the cold - complete with hacking cough so we'll sit this one out (me too, hmph).
Have a good run everyone.
Rick
Ken Morris

Unread post by Ken Morris »

Hi Sandie,

Welcome to the Fife AC family. The boys race starts at 1305. I would suggest you and Jake arrive about an hour before. Note that the course is approx a 10 minute walk from Deans school where there are parking facilities (or nearby). The route to the course should be sign posted where there will be an array of tents belonging to the many of the participating teams. Look out for the Fife AC banner - where you will find Roger Rees (team manager) who will have the numbers/pins.
The weather forecast is for dry conditions - same for the course so trainers will be fine. Don't worry if Jake has not yet got a Fife vest - I have a spare.
Just enjoy the outing.