Ravenscraig Thanks

Results, news, views and updates...it's all here!
Paul Roarty

Ravenscraig Thanks

Unread post by Paul Roarty »

I'm absolutely amazed and awestruck by how great tonight was and overwhelmed by the record 126 runners = 63 teams at tonight's relay's!

Before I get stuck into compiling the results and the finish line video is almost uploaded and pics too! I'd just like to thank everyone that turned up tonight - the brilliant runners, fantastic helpers and great spectators cheering and supporting all the competitors - the weather even eased for the start and presentations too.
Thanks tonight to:
Councillor Kay Carrington
Margaret Roarty
Maureen Close
Jim Close
Margaret Mclaren
Frank Mclaren
Pete Bracegirdle

Unfortunately we had to start the race around 15-20min later than planed due to the amazing and record turnout, I hope everyone managed to get some sort of warm up?

Unfortunately there were two mistakes with the prizes which I feel terrible about, the first MV50 Team which should have been presented to John Hynd and Ian Robert Johnston which was presented to the team that finished just 3 sec in front of them mistakenly categorized as MV50 instead of MS, so sorry John and Ian, I have rectified the results.
The fastest Female award was so close and trying to work it out was painstaking - after viewing the video evidence 2 seconds separated Joanna Wilson 5:45 and Rosie Doull 5:43. So sorry about these mistakes and I will get replacement prizes ordered asap.