Help for Ceres 8

Results, news, views and updates...it's all here!
Hilary

Help for Ceres 8

Unread post by Hilary »

This year's race is on Tuesday 11th August.

Many thanks to everyone who has already volunteered to help out at the Ceres 8 next week.

Most of the jobs are covered but we could still do with a few extra people to help with registration and marshalling. I'm also looking for a lead bike and sweeper.
Please post here if you can help.

Also, any donations to the post-race tea would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hilary Ritchie
Graham Kirby

Re: Help for Ceres 8

Unread post by Graham Kirby »

If I'm not needed for timing, happy to marshal, sweep or lead bike.
Graham
Ian Hawkins

Unread post by Ian Hawkins »

I can help too.
ktaylor

Unread post by ktaylor »

I'm happy to help at registration and marshalling. Just let me know when and where.
Keith
Hilary

Unread post by Hilary »

Thanks guys, also had another few offers at training tonight so that'll probably be enough.

Graham - I think Ron has enough help at the finish (correct me if I'm wrong Ron) so I'll put you down for lead bike and sweeper.
Keith - if you can get to the hall for 6pm, I can use your help on registration and marshalling later.
Ian - I'd already counted you as a marshal but might get you to help at registration too if it's busy.

I think most folk know what they are doing but here's what I'm hoping is happening-

Setting out the course: Paul Roarty
Start/finish: Ron and team (I think that's Margaret, Frank, Ken and Doug)
Lead bike and sweeper: Graham K
Marshals: Andy Wright, Dave F, Stuart Leckie, Ian, Keith
Water station: Carol
Results: Andy Milne/Ron and team
Post-race tea: Susan and Ailsa.
And of course, Sarah, my right-hand woman with roles too many to mention but chief amongst them is keeping me calm. No easy task!

Think that's it so thanks again everyone, see you all on Tuesday!
Hilary

Unread post by Hilary »

It was a beautiful evening, we had a great turn out and everything seemed to go well ...so I think it's safe to say last nights Ceres 8 was a success!

A big thanks to all of the above who made that happen. And also to all the extra folk who turned up and helped- Sue W, Calum H, Sandra M, Lesley T and anyone else (sorry) if I've missed you.
It's wonderful to receive such great support from club members but I was really heartened by the offers of help that came from other clubs too. Special thanks to Susan Harley (Falkland Trail Runners) and Carole Fraser (Anster Haddies) for their invaluable and generous support.

Thanks to our 'official photographer' Pete Bracegirdle, great job as always. And thanks also to everyone else out there with a camera last night, there are some fantastic photo sets being shared round the running community at the moment.

Many thanks to everyone who donated to the post race tea, we have some brilliant home bakers in Fife!

And of course big THANKS to all of you who ran - there'd be no point in doing it without you!