Comrie Hill Relays

Results, news, views and updates...it's all here!
Ian Hawkins

Comrie Hill Relays

Unread post by Ian Hawkins »

The Comrie hill relay race is a 42km relay race run in 4 legs for teams of 5 runners. The race starts and finishes in Comrie and follows a route up and around the hills surrounding Glen Lednock. Two of the relay legs cover rough mountain terrain whilst the others are undulating trail legs. The race takes place on the 13 September this year. See Strathearn Harriers web site for further details.
Last year we had 3 Fife AC teams taking part and enjoyed a great days hill racing followed by an excellent BBQ afterwards.
I can't make it this year due to holiday commitments but am happy to organise and enter teams. Liz, I know, is looking into a ladies team also.
So far I have interest from the following male runners:
Daniel Clarke
Graham Kirby
Calum Harvie
Dan Newman
Dave Cowan
Andy Milne
Alasdair Hood
Can I ask any other males who are interested to post here?
Thanks Ian.
gbarker

Re: Comrie Hill Relays

Unread post by gbarker »

I would like to run in this please
Ian Hawkins

That's Keith Taylor now signed up so we have 9 runners just need one more to make up two teams of five.

Trail or hill leg available just let me know. I'll be at Ceres 8 on Tuesday if anyone wants to speak to me about signing up.

Cheers.
Ian Hawkins

My suggested male teams for Comrie are noted below. Happy to move things around if not to everyone's liking.

Fife Vets
Leg1 D Newman
Leg 2 A Hood/G Barker
Leg 3 G Kirby Capt
Leg 4 C Harvie

Fife Seniors
Leg 1 K Taylor
Leg 2 A Milne/D Cowan Capt
Leg 3 D Clarke
Leg 4 M Bell

I have picked Graham and Dave as team captains as I know they have both competed at Comrie several times in the past. Hope that's OK.

Any feedback let me know at Balmullo tomorrow or on 07786 277530. If I haven't heard any dissenting voices by the end of the week I'll send off the entry forms as above.

Good luck on the day!
Daniel Newman

Unread post by Daniel Newman »

I'm happy wherever I run. I've never run leg 1 before so that will be something different.

Thanks
ADHood

Unread post by ADHood »

Just wondering if I could organise a lift with some one to Comrie from Cupar. I will running next Tuesday so could confirm with any one then.

Cheers
Graham Kirby

Unread post by Graham Kirby »

We're now short of one runner - anyone else interested in joining a team?
Graham Kirby

Runner found, now back to two full teams.
Graham Kirby

Leg maps available here. Note there are checkpoint changes from previous years on legs 2 and 4.

Standard SHR kit rules apply, i.e. compulsory full windproof body cover (probably safer to assume waterproof required), hat, gloves, map, compass, whistle.