Forth Valley League - Roll of Honour

Results, news, views and updates...it's all here!
Steve

Forth Valley League - Roll of Honour

Unread post by Steve »

After three hard fought matches it looks as if our debut season in the Forth Valley League has reached a very successful conclusion with a second place finish and a promotion to Division 2.
Thanks for this are due to the athletes who supported the club throughout the three matches. The final match was yesterday at Grangemouth and there was a fantastic feeling of club spirit, with athletes from various training groups showing great spirit and commitment to our shared cause. Thanks are also due to the many parents who supported the athletes and who helped us fulfil our commitment to providing officials at each meeting.

Our roll of honour for the season comprises the following athletes (fingers crossed there are no omissions!):
Issy Olsen, Katie Gardner, Louis Crickmar, Mia Crickmar, Roberts Sparks, Ellie Eboji, Anna Dalglish, Kate Dalglish, Owen Keddie, Claire Scotland, Mark Scott, Peter Scott, Calum Hand, Murray Oliver, Duncan Crawford, Rachel McNab, Hayley Brown, Ben Sandilands, Jake Sandilands, Abbie Melville, Molly Burns, Gavin McWhinnie, Iain McWhinnie, Jennifer Allan, Murray Paterson, Matthew McCullagh, Tamzin Todd, Millie McDaid, Ruby Methven, Adele Hodgens, Emily Fordyce, Aharon Martin.

WELL DONE TO EVERYONE WHO REPRESENTED/SUPPORTED FIFE AC.

Gabby & Lesley (team managers)
Graham Bennison

Re: Forth Valley League - Roll of Honour

Unread post by Graham Bennison »

Superb....well done all.

Facebook post....

Well that's a tough weekend for the club over. Our older juniors will be on the way back from National Junior League at Preston. Yesterday the U15/U13 and U11's turned out to gain promotion from the Forth Valley League Div. 3 our first season in this league.
Gabby and Lesley's post on club website here...viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1367
That left the rest of us challenging all the local clubs in the Petrofac Grampian League at Caird Park. P5 pupil Ruby Methven was the greatest support,literally. I had to stand wee Ruby on a wheelie bin so as to reach the central rod when erecting the club tent....Ruwan, I hope you do not decide to stay and live in Preston !
Some superb wins......must pick out Ben Sandilands who ran such an intelligent Under 13 1500m hiding behind a DH lad every time down the windy back straight before taking off over the final 120m. Some newcomers did really well too....more when we get full results.
I'm afraid as Tour of fife organiser I'll have to hand over my hammer place to someone else for the final meeting again at Caird Park, on Sunday 2nd August.
Daniel Newman

Re: Forth Valley League - Roll of Honour

Unread post by Daniel Newman »

Well done to all of them. Just having a quick look on Power of 10 and it seems that quite a few PB's have been set this weekend at Grangemouth and Dundee.