Beveridge Park Series Starts 17/04/2015

Results, news, views and updates...it's all here!
Daniel Newman

Beveridge Park Series Starts 17/04/2015

Unread post by Daniel Newman »

Hi Folks

The Beveridge Park Series will start back on 17th April and we look forward to welcoming back all of the people that made last year such a great one. The course will be the same as always and the price and time are also the same.

I’ve been looking at the format for this year’s Beveridge Park Series and I would like to change it from being a ‘Points based’ competition to a ‘Time based’ series.

Adults 5k (£2.00 for adults and FREE for under 20’s)
In previous years we’ve used Points and based these on a ‘Best 4 from 5 races principle’. This year I would like to use a different system where time will be the main factor and each runner’s best three combined times will be used. The reason I would like to go with this is that it will mean that runners won’t feel the pressure to compete in 4 races when injury or health is a factor and also it means that most runners can potentially still be in a winning position on the last day.
The age Categories for this will be U17, U20, Seniors, V40, V50, V60 and V70.

Juniors ‘One lap’ Race (1.33 miles Approx) (FREE)
Last year we introduced a special series just for juniors. I think it went well and there were some really good results from young runners that really embraced the competitive side of running. I would like to expand on this further by introducing a series for them along similar lines as the adult race. This series will work on the same ‘Time based’ format as the adult series but only the two best combined performances will be used.
I would like to introduce two age categories for this and I’m currently looking at an under 12’s and 12 to 14 range. This part may have to change but I will let you know in due course.

This is a series of races that are organised for runners and I welcome any comments or feedback. Both myself and Paul Roarty want to ensure that this will be a great Series and it’s the people that participate that are what have made this event worthwhile.

I can be contacted easily by Mobile on 07512 063449 or by email on danielnewman2011@hotmail.com