Kirkcaldy parkrun

Results, news, views and updates...it's all here!
IanS LLV

Kirkcaldy parkrun

Unread post by IanS LLV »

For over a year Bob and Wendy Wylie of LLV have been working on this and now they're nearly ready to go.

They were trying hard to keep it quiet so that they could begin in a low key way and let the numbers build up slowly, but now the parkrun organisation have unexpectedly published the Kirkcaldy parkrun website and the cat's out of the bag - and there's much chatter on social media about it.

Bob and Wendy are asking that folk give them a few weeks to settle down and to make sure that their organisation runs smoothly. I'm sure that everybody wishes them well in this and supports them in bringing parkrun to Kirkcaldy but the best way to do this is to keep the news to yourselves for a while (though it may be already too late, I know). They'll be relying on building up a strong base of volunteers so the best thing to do at the moment, if you want to contribute, is to post your name here if you'd like to help, and I'll pass names on to Bob and Wendy.

I'm sure that the Kirkcaldy parkrun will prove to be yet another valuable addition to the parkrun community - as well as to the Kirkcaldy area community as a whole. We've just got to take it slowly to start with.
IanS LLV

Re: Kirkcaldy parkrun

Unread post by IanS LLV »

If you would like to add your name to the volunteer roster please go to: http://www.parkrun.org.uk/kirkcaldy/volunteer/ for more info.