East District Cross Country League, race 2

Results, news, views and updates...it's all here!
roger rees

East District Cross Country League, race 2

Unread post by roger rees »

The second of this season's three league meetings will take place on Saturday 22nd November, at Alloa.

All are very welcome to come along and represent the club, with races from U11 to senior/veteran. We had some brilliant individual and team perfomances in race 1 at Stirling, so it would be great to consolidate and even improve our league standings before the last race (at Broxburn in January).

No need to pre-register; just turn up on the day, with an FAC vest (technically, league rules require club vests to be worn, and it certainly helps in the finishing tunnel - if you need a club vest, see http://www.fifeac.org/about/clothing.html). Everyone can collect a number at the club tent out on the course.

If you need a lift to/from Alloa, please post a note on this thread.

I heard very favourable reports from FAC members who ran there last year - as well as an interesting and varied route, I gather there is a very nice cafe! Warm clothes and wellies could well be in order. The race organiser is advising against 'long spikes', presumabaly cos some of the route is on stony trail. I couldnt make it last year, so if any who did can advise on suitable footwear, please post below. Might short spikes (eg 6mm) be best? or studs? or flat shoes?

Lots of race info, such as road and course maps here:

http://events.scottishathletics.org.uk/ ... try-league

The timetable is as follows:

U11 Girls 12.00 noon
U11 Boys 12.15pm
U13 Girls 12.30pm
U13 Boys 12.50pm
U17 Men 1.05pm
Senior/Junior Women 1.10pm
U15 Boys 1.45pm
U15 Girls/U17 Women 1.50pm
Senior/ Junior Men 2.15pm
Graham Kirby

Re: East District Cross Country League, race 2

Unread post by Graham Kirby »

Definitely studs over flat shoes. Can't advise on spikes though I don't remember any hard surfaces. Graham
Daniel Newman

Re: East District Cross Country League, race 2

Unread post by Daniel Newman »

I used spikes last year. No real discomfort but I do believe there was a section of the course that was around the edge of a ploughed field. I felt trails might have been a better option as it would have given more stability. Having said that, I'll probably opt for short spikes or studs.