Ronnie McIntosh

Results, news, views and updates...it's all here!
s davidson

Ronnie McIntosh

Unread post by s davidson »

Just heard some sad news for those who knew him, but Ronnie McIntosh, Dundee Hawkhill Harriers a personal friend and well known as a double amputee who still took part in many events died in hospital last night. Probably several will also know Ronnie from his earlier days when he turned in some pretty impressive times at local and national level.

Stewart
Phyllis

Re: Ronnie McIntosh

Unread post by Phyllis »

That's very sad news after he waited so long for a transplant then threw himself into competing again. Even at his sickest he would come to events to support everyone else - a real gentleman. Please pass on my condolences to his family if you have a contact. Thanks.

Phyllis
Daniel Newman

Unread post by Daniel Newman »

It is very sad news. I met him several times at races over the last year or so and he was always an inspiration to me and I'm sure to many others as well.

He will be sadly missed.
craig ross

Unread post by craig ross »

I have known Ron for over 30 years, a true gent. I last time I saw him was a couple of weeks ago when he was in his usual spot the last 200m climb at the Camperdown parkrun. He was as encouraging and cheery as ever.
Ron just loved the sport and will be sorely missed.
David Adam

Unread post by David Adam »

Sad Sad News
Life Long Harrier and Dundee FC Fan. Always Cheery never despondent.
Great to see him Sunday at Cyclist v Harriers
RIP
Graham Bennison

Unread post by Graham Bennison »

I was due to meet up with Ronnie tomorrow at the Great Ed XC. Ronnie attended that event every year as well as a host of local events. He would be seen by the side of the course encouraging all the runners regardless of club.
I have known Ronnie for 26 years as a respected opponent and latterly as a courageous, inspirational athlete that had many health problems to battle over the last ten years. Ronnie bore his problems with dignity and wry humour. On losing his legs he quipped " I won't get cold feet now !"
You will be sadly missed Ronnie.
Innes

Unread post by Innes »

A supporter at many Fife AC races, a tireless fundraiser and a regular at Camperdown parkrun. Will be sadly missed.
jim close

Unread post by jim close »

So sad to hear about Ron.

Like many others I have known him for approx. 30 years. A great ambassador not only for the Hawks but for the City of Dundee and Athletics in general.
A brilliant guy always full of praise and good at being positive about everything. So many memories..never to be forgotten!!

Our thoughts are all with his family and many friend at this difficult time.
Brian Cruickshank

Unread post by Brian Cruickshank »